Thursday, January 10, 2013

This is more like it!



Every winter, after I take down the Christmas/Santa decor, I bring out my Snowmen. A tradition I started when my collections grew too large to all be out at once, and to counter the drabness of after Christmas everyday living.



This second week of retirement has been much more relaxed. Grandpa is away working, and I have more time to myself. I read a book, I watched "Brave" on demand cable, I slept in and stayed up late. Sure, I did some chores, did my volunteer thing, and kept up with paperwork, but I also took time to relax and enjoy.

Tuesday I served lunch to 6 girlfriends, who were seeing my kitchen remodel for the first time. Menu included Chunky Mushroom and Tomato Salad, Grilled Marinated Turkey Tenderloin, Pasta Primavera and Winter Fruit Compote with a dollop of vanilla yogurt. Today, lunch out with Grandpa's Office Manager.

All in all, a nice time out to transition between the working world and the New Adventure trip which begins some time next week. Hope many of you will follow along as we travel and learn about being Snowbirds.

No comments:

Post a Comment