Sunday, January 13, 2013

Strengthening Family Connections

I love my families! They have expanded over the years to include a variety of folks, but most important at this stage of my life are my grandchildren, children and my elderly parents.

So before we go on a long journey, I do my best to personally connect with all of them. We were blessed to be able to spend some time with our youngest grand daughter yesterday. Thanks to Grandpa Art for the opportunity.


Today I shared massage time with her Mom....ah so relaxing.

Then we roasted a leg of lamb, mashed real potatoes, and steamed green beans for my parents for dinner. Mom's 83rd birthday is Tues., and she loves to eat home cooked meals with us. Also told Dad that part of my retirement plan is to spend some time with her so he can go for a walk, go fishing, play poker, or anything he wants. As her 24/7 caretaker, he's mighty grateful for my willingness, and I get some quality time with Mom before her dementia takes her completely away from us.

Tomorrow will be a Me day....get hair, nails and toes pretty, get some time with the after school kids I volunteer for, and pack a few more things. Tuesday, grandson Lucas has a half day of school, so we'll go to lunch and to the History Museum together. 

And, assuming everything is ready, we'll be on the road on Wednesday morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment