Sunday, March 3, 2013

Separate vacations

Though Grandpa has had a few opportunities to travel on his own, I had never had a vacation alone, just to do whatever I wanted. And I had been missing my dear friends Kate and Peggy, who both retired to Florida ahead of me. So, thanks to his generous birthday gift of airline tickets, I flew from Houston to Tampa to spend time with both wonderful ladies.

So I have been with Kate all week in her home in Largo, FL. We've enjoyed doing so many things together including Line Dancing and Swing Dancing classes and dances, open market shopping, movies, wine and beach walking.


Meanwhile, Grandpa is exploring the Gulf Coast Region, including Cajun food, Zydeco music and a stop in New Orleans.
I'm sure he'll have many more photos to share when we meet up again in a week or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment